Monday, June 1, 2009

Toffee Crunch Cookies

I needed to bake some cookies for an event, and decided that it was time I tried making something other than marble cookies. I love toffee, so I figured I'd do a search for toffee cookies online, and this came up. The cookies came out delicious so I thought I'd share the recipe here!

TOFFEE CRUNCH COOKIES

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups toffee baking bits
  • 1/3 cup chopped pecans
Directions:
  1. Combine and sift flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream butter or margarine. Add sugar, egg, and vanilla; mix until smooth and creamy.
  2. Stir in dry ingredients; blend in toffee bits and pecans.
  3. Drop tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until done, 12 to 15 minutes. (Clara's note: For me, 10 minutes was enough!) Remove from baking sheets and cool.

Mmm...toffee!

Links:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Toffee-Crunch-Cookies/Detail.aspx

2 comments:

  1. i love those toffee baking bits... yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE toffee cookies. I've probably made this recipe before. At the Sobeys near our house they have the most amazingly chewy toffee cookies =)

    ReplyDelete

A little friendly message from me, the blog author: I love getting comments on this blog! However, in order to prevent spam from getting through, your comments will be moderated so it may take a few hours before your comments are posted. And if you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment here. Go spam somebody else, or better yet, get a life. Thank you.