Thursday, June 11, 2009

Portabella Parmesan

The first time I saw this recipe on Ken's blog, I knew I had to try it! And I'm really glad I did, as it is both easy and delicious! Perfect for a quick meal!

PORTABELLA PARMESAN


Ingredients:
  • Portabella caps (1 per person)
  • Olive oil (1 tsp / mushroom)
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Pasta sauce (I used 1 jar for 4 servings)
  • Mozzarella cheese (as much as you want)
  • Butter (1 tsp / mushroom)
  • Parmesan cheese (as much as you want)
  • Pasta (I used spaghetti)
Directions:
  1. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
  2. Brush mushrooms on both sides with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Grill mushrooms, 3-5 minutes per side.
  4. In a shallow baking dish, coat with pasta sauce.
  5. Place mushrooms, vent side up (i.e., upside-down) in baking dish.
  6. Add sauce to mushroom caps (enough to coat with a thin layer).
  7. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese to cover mushrooms, add butter, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese.
  8. Bake at 400° for ~15-minutes (until cheese is browned).
  9. Serve with pasta.



Links:
http://kencooks.blogspot.com/2009/03/portabella-parmesan.html

1 comment:

  1. this is making me really hungry, and i just ate lunch

    ReplyDelete

A little friendly message from me, the blog author: I love getting comments on this blog! However, in order to prevent spam from getting through, your comments will be moderated so it may take a few hours before your comments are posted. And if you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment here. Go spam somebody else, or better yet, get a life. Thank you.