Monday, June 29, 2009

Avocado and Tomato Salad


This is a simple salad that is quite good (and I say that as someone who's not big on either tomatoes or onions!). I did make some adjustments to the original recipe - specifically, I used only half of the onions and balsamic vinaigrette recommended, and squeezed some lime juice onto my salad to keep the avocado from turning brown (as I was saving some for lunch the next day), and I like how it added a refreshing taste to the salad. The recipe, as I prepared it, is as follows:

AVOCADO AND TOMATO SALAD

Ingredients:
  • 4 large tomatoes, chopped
  • 4 avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
  • 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
  • 4 oz balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
  • 1 lime
Directions:
  1. In a large serving bowl, toss together the tomatoes, avocados and red onion. Squeeze the juice of a lime onto the salad.
  2. Dust lightly with black pepper, and pour salad dressing over.
  3. Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving to blend flavors.
Yields: 6 servings

Links:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Avocado-and-Tomato-Salad/Detail.aspx

1 comment:

  1. i'm not sure i've tried balsamic and lime before, but that sounds like it might be good

    ReplyDelete

A little friendly message from me, the blog author: I love getting comments on this blog! However, in order to prevent spam from getting through, your comments will be moderated so it may take a few hours before your comments are posted. And if you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment here. Go spam somebody else, or better yet, get a life. Thank you.