Monday, June 8, 2009

Caffe Demetre (various locations in and around Toronto, ON)

Sometimes I really miss the food in Toronto. One such establishment I often crave is Caffe Demetre. It is the place for dessert crepes (as well as waffles, ice cream, coffee, cakes, and other sumptuous delights). I mostly frequent the one at East Beaver Creek, but they have other, more convenient locations as well (such as one at Yonge & Eglinton and another in Greektown which are subway-accessible). The thing I like most about Caffe Demetre's desserts is that the ice cream is really fresh (they make it right on the premises), and while it is delicious, it is not so sweet that it gives you a sore throat. I also like the ambience of the restaurant; it is causal, yet hip (and very colorful). Caffe Demetre opens pretty late at night though it is usually very busy. Here are some of the items I ordered during my last couple of visits (I always get crepes):


The one on the left is the "Rusty Pelican." I don't remember exactly what the one on the right is, and I wish I did because it was fantabulous!

Last time I went I discovered that you could create your own crepes. I think I'm going to try that next time!

The only way to make this place even better?? Caffe Demetre crepes with Jeni's ice creams! Mmm...!! (Wishful thinking, I know!) :)

Pertinent Info:
Address: 100 York Blvd, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1J8, Canada (but see other locations here)
Nearest intersection: Hwy 7 and East Beaver Creek

Links:
http://www.waycoolcafe.com/ (Caffe Demetre's official website)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little friendly message from me, the blog author: I love getting comments on this blog! However, in order to prevent spam from getting through, your comments will be moderated so it may take a few hours before your comments are posted. And if you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment here. Go spam somebody else, or better yet, get a life. Thank you.