Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bonus Weekender: Spelling Food

I was reading an article on the National Spelling Bee that took place this past week, and came across a couple of interesting food-related words that were used in the finals. First, I learned that "geusioleptic" means "flavorful food," as in, "While Lena's geusioleptic cooking wowed her boyfriend, what really melted his heart was that she won the National Spelling Bee." And yes, I plan on using that word in a sentence on this blog, preferably to describe my own cooking. :)

Then, I also learned that "palatschinken" is "an unusual type of pancake." According to Wikipedia, it comes from Central Europe and is similar to crepes becuase it is so thin. They are usually rolled with with fruit jam or sauce inside and then sprinkled with icing sugar. I must say palatschinken looks and sounds awfully geusioleptic!

Do YOU know any interesting or rare words related to food or eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little friendly message from me, the blog author: I love getting comments on this blog! However, in order to prevent spam from getting through, your comments will be moderated so it may take a few hours before your comments are posted. And if you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment here. Go spam somebody else, or better yet, get a life. Thank you.