Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bonus Weekender: Great Wall Supermarket (Falls Church, VA)

Those of you who have been reading this blog regularly probably know that I've been on a quest to find a good Chinese supermarket in the DC area. I'm happy to report that I've found The One: Great Wall Supermarket in Falls Church, Virginia!



Even though Great Wall is located in a whole different state, it didn't take me as long to get there than I thought it would; in fact, it took about the same amount of time it took to get to Kam Sam. The difference is that Great Wall is much bigger and better! There is a massive selection of pretty much anything Chinese. I was particularly impressed with the live fish tanks:



and the roasted meat takeout area:



Of course, Great Wall has a great selection of Asian sauces:



And I saw (though didn't buy) "Taro Frozen Dessert," which is probably the closest thing to the elusive purple yam ice cream; however, I don't think they're quite the same thing. Somebody, pleeeeease import some purple yam ice cream here!! (And while you're at it, please bring in some dofuhua, too!)



Between this place and H Mart, I think I've got about 90% of my Asian food needs satisfied. Overall, I was happy with my shopping experience at Great Wall and will definitely go back should the need arise.

Pertinent info:
Address: 2982 Gallows Rd, Falls Church, VA 22042
Phone: (703) 208-3320

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little friendly message from me, the blog author: I love getting comments on this blog! However, in order to prevent spam from getting through, your comments will be moderated so it may take a few hours before your comments are posted. And if you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment here. Go spam somebody else, or better yet, get a life. Thank you.