Thursday, August 20, 2009

Curry Mango Salad Dressing

Despite the photo, this post is actually all about the salad dressing. I had some leftover chicken the other day and decided to use it to make this delicious curried chicken and throw it in some baby lettuce for an easy entree salad. Great idea, but I needed the right salad dressing to go with it. I used this mango salad dressing recipe as a base and added various ingredients to it so it would better match the flavor in my curried chicken. I would have preferred to use champagne mangoes, but alas, they are no longer in season, so I was stuck with green mangoes and added some sugar to it for extra sweetness.

CURRY MANGO SALAD DRESSING

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped (about 1 large mango)
  • 6 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 4 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp plain yogurt
  • 2 tsp salad seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp hot chili sauce
  • 1 tsp Madras curry powder
  • sugar, salt, and fresh ground pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little friendly message from me, the blog author: I love getting comments on this blog! However, in order to prevent spam from getting through, your comments will be moderated so it may take a few hours before your comments are posted. And if you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment here. Go spam somebody else, or better yet, get a life. Thank you.