Monday, August 10, 2009

Cantaloupe Soup

Last week I blogged about the zucchini dishes I made after my Eastern Market shopping trip. Well, I also bought a large cantaloupe on that trip, and it was so big that I decided to use about 2/3 of it for a chilled soup. I had tried making cantaloupe soup the previous week with mint, lemon juice, orange juice, and milk, but while it was good, something just wasn't quite right. (Or maybe it was just the cantaloupe I bought last week, who knows...) So this week I decided to look up tried and true recipes online, and found one (a Gale Gand recipe on the Food Network) that had similar ingredients but with the addition of dark rum. I blended the mint leaves right along with the rest of the ingredients just because I had done it that way previously and liked it, and I didn't strain the soup because I had used a food processor so my soup was too thick to strain, I think. I liked it thick though, and the soup turned out great!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cubed
  • 1/4 cup dark rum
  • 1/4 cup cream
  • 1 lemon, zested
  • 2 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
  • 4 mint leaves
Directions:
  1. Place everything in a blender or food processor and puree. Chill and serve.
Links:
Original recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little friendly message from me, the blog author: I love getting comments on this blog! However, in order to prevent spam from getting through, your comments will be moderated so it may take a few hours before your comments are posted. And if you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment here. Go spam somebody else, or better yet, get a life. Thank you.