Monday, September 7, 2009

Big Daddy's Crabshack and Oyster Bar (Toronto, ON, Canada)

Continuing on with my Toronto restaurant excursions, during my trip there I had also visited the Cajun-inspired Big Daddy's Crab Shack and Oyster Bar in the entertainment district in downtown Toronto. I had been to Big Daddy's on a number of occasions and have always been impressed with their food. When I was in Toronto last December, I had planned on hitting Big Daddy's with a couple of friends before seeing the Messiah at the Roy Thomson Hall right across the street, but those plans fell through. So when a colleague of mine who was in town for a conference suggested getting dinner somewhere near the convention centre, I jumped on the chance to suggest Big Daddy's, even though I didn't know if he likes seafood or not. (turns out he does - phew!) And of course, I was motivated to take him someplace that would represent Toronto well, and I was confident that Big Daddy's would do the job quite well.

The interior part of the restaurant itself is actually located in the basement level, and while it's nothing fancy, it feels quite cozy. We managed to get a patio seat on the street level, which was perfect as the weather was gorgeous. Once again, the food was fantastic. Seeing that we were at an oyster bar, we naturally had to order some for an appetizer. We got two varieties, the Kumamoto and another kind that was a special and not on the menu (forget the name now), and the oysters came with three different dipping sauces. For our entrees, I got the scallops, and my colleague ordered the seafood platter. Everything was delicious and cooked to perfection (OK, except the oyster which were just perfect without cooking)! Once again, Big Daddy's didn't disappoint, and I think my colleagues enjoyed his meal as well. Here are some pictures of our meal:


Oysters


Seafood Platter


Sea Scallops

Pertinent info:
Address: 212 King St W, Toronto, ON
Phone: (416)599-5200
Nearest subway station: St. Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little friendly message from me, the blog author: I love getting comments on this blog! However, in order to prevent spam from getting through, your comments will be moderated so it may take a few hours before your comments are posted. And if you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment here. Go spam somebody else, or better yet, get a life. Thank you.