Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wine Gadgets

This is such a great gadget that I feel the need to show it off. This, my friends, is my rabbit wine bottle opener stand:



I accidentally stumbled upon this gadget at Linens 'n Things during their going-out-of-business sale. What I didn't know at the time was what a great investment it would be for $16!! First, you cut the foil of the wine bottle with the handy foil cutter that comes with the wine opener. Then, you place the wine bottle in the stand and adjust the height so that the screw is right above the cork. Hold the bottle securely by squeezing the "rabbit ears," then push the lever over to the other side for effortless insertion of the screw into the cork. Now, continue squeezing the rabbit ears while bringing the lever back, and the cork will come right off. So easy!

I store opened bottles of wine with the Vacuvin system (thanks, Pat!), which vacuums out the excess air in the bottle, thereby slowing down the oxidation process, so my wine doesn't go bad as quickly. This is a great little gadget for people (like me) who take a while to finish a bottle of wine!

While I was at Linens n' Things, I also got a cool wine rack for $6. Not the most space-conscious, but it makes for a great display! (And hey, you really can't go wrong with a $6 wine rack!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

A little friendly message from me, the blog author: I love getting comments on this blog! However, in order to prevent spam from getting through, your comments will be moderated so it may take a few hours before your comments are posted. And if you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment here. Go spam somebody else, or better yet, get a life. Thank you.