Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cafe Bonaparte (Washington, DC)

Thanks to Groupon, I got an awesome deal to Café Bonaparte, a cute little Parisian place in Georgetown that's known for its crepes. R. and I love crepes, so this really was the perfect place to dine out for us! We went on a Thursday night and were surprised how packed it was. Like an authentic French cafe, it is fairly small and crammed, but not uncomfortable. The decor is beautiful. We each ordered a "savory crepe" for dinner and a "sweet crepe" for dessert.

For dinner, R. got the Petersburg, with "black forest ham, shallots, parsley & mushroom topped with a dijon mustard cream sauce." What a great combination of ingredients! It was beyond delicious!


I got the Marseille, with "diced marinated chicken, sour cream, onions, and red bell peppers, topped with a red pepper sauce." R. liked the Petersburg better, and although I had agreed with him at first (I do love dijon mustard!), the Marseille really grew on me, and by the end I'd have to say I preferred the Marseille! The sauce was great on the chicken. Mmm...I could go back for more!


For dessert, R. ordered the Montpelier, which consisted of "caramelized apples, topped with creme anglais & whip cream." Need I say more? Yum!


While the Montpelier was good, we both liked mine better, the Last Tango. How could you not? It's "Nutella chocolate, strawberries [warm, I must add], whip cream, & berry melba sauce." The Nutella-strawberry combo was divine.


Great dinner! I'm scheming to go back already! The only downside is that Georgetown being Georgetown, there's no subway stop, and Georgetown being Georgetown, parking is a royal you-know-what. We took the bus there during the tail end of rush hour, which was not fun at all. But Café Bonaparte is worth revisiting even if it's not easy to get to!

Pertinent info:

Address: 1522 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20007
Phone: (202)333-8830
Website: http://www.cafebonaparte.com/
Nearest Metro station: None. Bus from Farragut North or Dupont Circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little friendly message from me, the blog author: I love getting comments on this blog! However, in order to prevent spam from getting through, your comments will be moderated so it may take a few hours before your comments are posted. And if you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment here. Go spam somebody else, or better yet, get a life. Thank you.