Monday, July 13, 2009

Teaism (Washington, DC)

My friend Kathleen introduced me to Teaism a few years ago, and I have been a devoted fan since. Teaism has three locations in Washington, DC, and of the two I've frequented, I prefer the one in Penn Quarter, partly because it also houses a tea shop next door which sells neat tea gadgets and looseleaf teas. I got some "Lavender Lemon Mint" and "Mind & Body" (with lemongrass, apple, and ginger) herbal teas last time and they were delicious (even if a bit pricey)!

The Teaism restaurant serves, well, tea, obviously, but they also offer a variety of Asian-inspired foods. My favorite dishes include: Thai Chicken Curry, Crab Cake Sandwich, Salmon Bento box, Sweet Potato Salad with Miso Sauce, and Toffee-Granola-Chocolate Cookie. On a hot summer day, my all-time favorite beverage is Teaism's ginger limeade (it's super refreshing!), though last time I tried their ginger margarita which is oh so fantastic. Believe it or not, I have never had their black or green teas (even though I'd love to!) because the only time I can have caffeine is early in the morning, but according to people who have had their teas, they are excellent. Someday I will make it there for breakfast, I promise!


Thai Chicken Curry ($8.50) - one of my favorite dishes. I've also had the Indian Spinach Curry which is also very good (and you sure can't beat the price!).


Delicious Curry Lentil Soup ($3.75).



Naan with Mango Chutney ($2.50). Their mango chutney is like no other! Yum!

Sweet Potato Salad with Miso Sauce ($2.50) - one of my favorite dishes, great for an afternoon snack or a side.

Another reason why I love the Penn Quarter Teaism is the koi pond they built in the downstairs dining room. Pretty cool stuff!


Koi pond inside the restaurant.

Pertinent info:

Teaism Penn Quarter:
400 8th St NW, Washington, DC 20004 (nearest Metro: Archives-Navy Memorial-Penn Quarter on green/yellow lines)

Teaism Dupont Circle:
2009 R St NW, Washington, DC 20009 (nearest Metro: Dupont Circle on red line)

Teaism Lafayette Park:
800 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20006 (nearest Metro: Farragut West on orange/blue lines)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little friendly message from me, the blog author: I love getting comments on this blog! However, in order to prevent spam from getting through, your comments will be moderated so it may take a few hours before your comments are posted. And if you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment here. Go spam somebody else, or better yet, get a life. Thank you.