Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mango, Tomato, & Avocado Salsa

I regularly read other food blogs to get new recipe ideas and to admire people's talents. One such blog is the Mango & Tomato blog by Olga, where I found this delicious looking recipe for a Mango, Tomato, & Avocado Salsa that she created. I tried it out one day when my friend Kathleen came over for a visit. I doubled the original recipe and modified the proportions ever so slightly to avoid having leftover ingredients, and since what I had on hand were bite-size tortilla chips, I also chopped everything more finely than Olga had suggested. The result is a definite must-try and it's super easy to make to boot! The two of us devoured ALL the salsa I made (yes, after doubling the recipe)! It's the perfect summer treat and tastes just as good as it looks/sounds!

MANGO, TOMATO, & AVOCADO SALSA

Ingredients:
  • 1 mango, diced
  • 1 pint grape tomatoes, diced
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 2 tablespoon white onion, finely chopped
  • 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • jalapenos (optional)
Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients. Serve. (Yep, it's that easy.)
Additional hint from Olga: Add a little sugar if your mango is not completely ripe.


Yum!

If you need instructions on how to cut a mango, here is an excellent video I found on YouTube:



No comments:

Post a Comment

A little friendly message from me, the blog author: I love getting comments on this blog! However, in order to prevent spam from getting through, your comments will be moderated so it may take a few hours before your comments are posted. And if you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment here. Go spam somebody else, or better yet, get a life. Thank you.