Monday, November 9, 2009

Casa Oaxaca (Washington, DC)

Last week I met up with a couple of friends at Casa Oaxaca in Adams Morgan for dinner. I had never been there before, but suggested that we try it out since it was featured in my eat.shop guide and sounded interesting. Once again, eat.shop didn't let me down. :) Casa Oaxaca doesn't have a big menu, but everything looked so good it took me a long time before I finally decided on the Mole Coloradito:

Light red mole served over grilled beef.

My buddies both got the De Vegetales (which I had also considered):

Squash blossom, zucchini and fresh corn Sauteed in Hierba Santa oil.

I loved the Mole Coloradito, and though I didn't try the De Vegetales, it looked awesome and my friends both thought it was delicious. We had also gotten some guacamole which was great as well. Casa Oaxaca is definitely worth a repeat visit!

Pertinent info:
Address: 2106 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20009
Phone: (202)387-2272
Nearest Metro: Dupont Circle (Red line)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little friendly message from me, the blog author: I love getting comments on this blog! However, in order to prevent spam from getting through, your comments will be moderated so it may take a few hours before your comments are posted. And if you are a spammer, please don't bother leaving a comment here. Go spam somebody else, or better yet, get a life. Thank you.